Monday, May 2, 2011

Bye-Bye Binky

Saturday we decided (well mainly Paul) that it was time to take Hayden's pacifier away.  She will turn 20 months on May 16th and she was starting to want it all the time again.  We read that if you wait past 2 years old they get really attached and it also creates a cross-bite with their teeth. 


I wanted to do it on a weekend so Paul could also suffer during nap-time, but she did a lot better than we both thought.  That morning I cut a whole in it and when she asked for it I gave it to her.  Much to her shock and dismay, her pacifier no longer provided the same comfort she has become accustomed to and she spit it out.  Now she carries it around with her from time to time and she still goes to sleep holding it.  She has cried a little bit when going to bed but nothing like I thought she would.


I know it's silly, but I feel more sad about it than she seems to.  Especially when she is looking at the whole and pointing to it.  It was such a comfort to her for her entire life and we just snipped a whole in it!  Anyway, hopefully she'll be ready to be done with it altogether here in a few more days. 

 Carrying around her broken binky

1 comment:

  1. Great news! I plan to bite the bullet and do the same when we get back to GA. This has gone on too long!

    ReplyDelete