Monday, January 9, 2012

Buyer's Remorse

Does anyone else ever get this or is it just me?  I am probably a pretty extreme case.  I recently bought 2 pair of earrings and a headband for a great deal at the Banana Republic outlet store and I felt sick to my stomach about it the whole day!  So given that you can see why I am really freaking out now!  This weekend we finally bought Hayden a big girl bed and dresser.  Her baby furniture are not that great of quality and I am done with cheap furniture, it doesn't last, end of story!  We have been looking at this specific bed for a long time now and this weekend it went on sale for 20% off, so we had to do it right?  We really are in no rush, no baby on the way, and Hayden loves her crib still and has never tried to climb out.  But we couldn't pass up on that deal.

Today we had our foundation repaired.  It was getting worse and worse, so we finally bit the bullet on that one as well.  I should have done before and after pictures but here are a few.


Hayden was so entertained by them all morning.  It was pretty amusing to watch.  She would point and say, "truck, trailer, bucket" and then turn away when one of the men would wave or smile at her!


 Lots of people have asked me how they fix this sort of problem.  They drilled out a section of our driveway and drilled until they found solid ground which in our case was 41 feet.  Then they put a supporting beam to lift our house back up and patched up all the cracks.  In the picture below you can see a lot of the cracks because the mortar is still wet.  There were a lot more on the left part of the house too.  We had a few other spots around our house where the mortar had left little wholes so I asked how much it would be to fill them in.  The men were so nice and did the small repairs for free :)


Now that our house is structurally sound and squirrel free (for about a month now)  maybe we will be able to do some fun things to it in the future!  I just can't think about the cost of the squirrels, bedroom furniture, and foundation because my buyer's remorse guilt is taking years off my life!!!

4 comments:

  1. I hate buyer's remorse. The way I try to look at it is I am not out every day putting things on a credit card. It is ok to update things. I am happy to hear your house is squirrel free and your foundation has been repaired :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike and I have a motto that has helped us with the costs of raising little boys. "Everyday something breaks and sometimes it's expensive." It's a bummer when all the expensive breaks are all at once. It is nice to have your house in order.

    Hoping you don't have anymore unexpected expenses. ( =

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kristine, I am the same way! Anytime I buy something I always question it for a day or two and most of the time end up taking it back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see pictures of Hayden's new furniture! She will have it forever too so don''t beat yourself up too bad

    ReplyDelete