Thursday, August 9, 2012

Reasons Why the West Is The Best!

Sometime last week I hoped in the shower and looked down and saw this:


Upon first glance I thought it was just a huge piece of lint (I thought, why did Paul drop a huge piece of lint in the shower!), so I bent down for further investigation and saw a set of eyes blinking at me!!!  Paul was of course out of town so I couldn't leave the "creature" unattended for 2 days.  I went into panic mode for a bit as I started imagining what I was dealing with.  In Cheyenne we had bats and when a bat is all curled up it looks a lot like this, so that was my first thought, 2nd I thought, hopefully it's a frog, and my 3rd guess was a tarantula.

My heart was pounding as I formulated my plan.  I decided to get my trusty Dyson vacuum cleaner and I pulled out the extension for the hose and I sucked, "it" up, I was screaming and I could feel the clanking of it's body against my hands holding the hose.

In hindsight I should have emptied the vacuum so I could clearly see what I was dealing with, but that's why hindsight is 20/20.  So my vacuum is completely full and I am looking until I see the blinking eyes once again...


If you look very closely, you can see the little guys to the left.  And to my relief, I discovered I had a frog.  But seriously, how did a frog get in my house, climb up my stairs, and get through a shower door?  It really grosses me out.  That's the south for you though, at night there are tons of frogs jumping everywhere.

It was a bit of an arduous task to get him out of the vacuum and not make a huge mess and I debated just dumping him straight in the garbage, but my conscience got to me.  I'd already vacuumed the poor little guy up, the least I could do was set him free.

After he jumped back into our garage several times as I tried to close the door, I finally got him out!


Look how little and innocent he looks here...I am telling you he didn't look this way in the shower!

2 comments:

  1. I still cannot believe that dark blob was a frog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave! I would have tossed him. Once you enter my home uninvited, you are at risk! Hoping your good efforts of letting him go allows you to go frog-free from now on!!!

    ReplyDelete