Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Bradley Method

For many reasons, Paul and I decided we wanted a much different birth experience this time around.  The epidural caused lots of problems for Hayden and I and I knew after doing some research that I had to try it natural this time.  So to prepare myself (because I feel confident to do anything if I know I'm prepared) we took a 12 week course and learned the Bradley Method.  So every Saturday night from 7-10 we went to class and even brought Hayden!  There was a playroom in the office we met in and she was so good to entertain herself during our entire class.

Our teacher was Shelia and we only had one other couple in our class: Shaina & Ben.  Paul really enjoyed the classes and felt much more apart of the whole pregnancy this time around.  In the Bradley method your husband is your coach and acts as the midwife.

We learned so much in this class and could not have had the birth experience we wanted had we not gained the knowledge and learned the skills.

Shaina and I actually delivered on the same date!

 Our classmates 

Our instructor Shelia

No comments:

Post a Comment