Sunday, June 22, 2014

Father's Day

Since we weren't doing any big gifts Hayden and I decided to have a craft day and make dad a bunch of fun stuff.  This is really fun now that she is cutting and gluing so well.  Last year I started a Father's Day book for Paul where each year we add Hayden's projects for him to keep.

Here were some of her fill in answers for 2014:

My dad can run faster than________ me
Can lift _______ a big rock
Is really good at _________folding laundry (true story)
Makes the best_________dinner (Hey!)

I made his favorite dinner: Turkey Bolognese and tried a new dessert since Paul is eating so good and healthy these days: Garbonzo bean cookies and I have to say this recipe is a keeper!




Paul is not a perfect person, and neither am I.  So it's a personal pet-peeve of mine when people say someone is the best dad or the best mom.  But I will say this:  Paul loves his kids so much and shows them through the quality time he chooses to spend with them and the fun games he makes up for them to play.  They both light up when "daddy comes home" for sure.  I'm so grateful to have such a patient, easy going husband who helps me to lighten up and enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment