Friday, March 25, 2016

Beckett at 4 months

Time flies so much faster with your 3rd!  I keep looking back thinking that those first hard months went way quicker this time around.  I can't believe I have a 4 month old!  I really enjoy this phase of development because he is cooing, starting to play with toys, excited to see familiar faces and he even started rolling (March 20th: tummy to back) and I even caught his very first roll on film!  I was thinking that I had not filmed any videos or taken any pictures in way too long and pulled out my phone during his tummy time and just like that he rolled over.

One week ago I took out the late night feeding so he now goes to bed sometime around 8pm and wakes up between 7:30-8:30 am.  He takes 4 naps throughout the day about 1 1/2 hours each.  He really does well on schedule which makes my life so much easier.  This past month I also had suspicions that he has begun to teeth and the Dr confirmed this at his check-up today.  So it looks like he'll follow Hayden and be an early teether.  He has had more grumpy days because of the teeth and is chewing and drooling on anything he can get his hands on.  Teething doesn't seem to bother him at night so far like it did my other two.

This little guy still struggles with keeping a binky in his mouth so we often have his hat tied on to help keep it in.  I used to love that little hat and now I can't stand it because he's always wearing it!  We are stressing about what to do once summer hits!  I've tried 2-3 other binkies and he just gags on them.  He also always has his hands up by his mouth chewing on his knuckles, and knocking out his bottles and binky! His other favorite spot for his hands is his holding them across his chest, it's pretty cute. He loves just sitting on our laps and observing, especially when we are out to dinner, at Hayden's gymnastics classes, etc.

His stats for 4 months:

Height: 26 inches (85th percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs 1.6 oz (42nd percentile)
Head Circumference: 17 inches (90th percentile)

It's funny bc I kept telling Paul that I thought Beckett's head was smaller than our other children and sure enough I was right!  He's not in the 99th, he's only in the 90th...ha!  Still pretty big, but for our family much smaller.








No comments:

Post a Comment