Friday, January 17, 2014

Life With Reid

We came home from the hospital late on Saturday and we were on our own until Wednesday when my mom flew out to help.  She was suppose to come on Tuesday but weather kept her from coming on time which was disappointing to say the least!  But we kept busy.  Monday was his pediatric appointment (weight 8 lbs 14 oz, 21.7 inches tall, head 37.6 cm) and Chiropractor appointment.  Tuesday we went to have his tongue and lip tie corrected, Wednesday we picked my mom up at the airport, Thursday we went to lactation appointment for help and to make sure he was getting enough milk (back at birth weight 9 lbs 5 oz after one week!), and Friday we went to meet Santa!

My mom was a great help, it was nice to have her here to hold Reid and help with the extra things that I wasn't getting to like dishes!  But Reid fooled us all while my mom was here.  He slept 6 hour stretches and went back to sleep each morning so I could sleep in, he was great!  I didn't need my mom's help at night and right when she left he decided it was time to start nursing every 3 hours again and not go back to sleep after nursing in the morning and sometimes in the middle of the night!

While she was here my hands started to get really weak and numb!  After about 3 weeks I got really worried and found out it is common to develop carpol tunnel after having a baby.  He's 6 weeks old now as I write this and I still have it a bit, especially at night!  This has not been fun at all!



While my mom was here we gave Reid his first sponge bath.  He of course did not like it, even with a heater blowing right on him!




Lots of afternoon naps with dad!


Love the burrito baby




One afternoon on day 8 we finally played around with our camera and got a few more newborn shots








Like I said, Friday we got to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus the Chiropractors office.  They were so cute with our kiddos and let Hayden pick out a toy.  Of course she picked out another tea set.



She got to eat pizza, decorate sugar cookies & make a craft!



The Christmas festivities continued with making gingerbread houses of our own.  It was hard for me, but I let go of control and let Hayden decorate it the way she wanted to.  




It's never fun having family leave.  My mom was greatly missed when she had to leave.


1 comment:

  1. The good thing about holidays is that you are able to bond with family. It’s such a nice experience. Even if you’ve been very busy for a couple of days because of your son’s pediatric, chiropractor, and lactation appointments, it’s still turned out to be the best Christmas for all of you.

    Kristopher

    ReplyDelete