Sunday, September 20, 2015

Lantern Fest

When I saw this event advertised on Facebook I knew my family would love to go.  It is definitely a bucket list must and was such a magical evening.  So the night of August 29th we loaded up our car with food, camping chairs and excitement.  We even watched Tangled on the way there because lets be honest, to Hayden it was like being in the movie Tangled!

There were lots of activities to do while we were there, we listened to live bands, watched fire dancers and breathers, visited with friends, roasted marshmallows for s'mores.  Reid mostly wanted to push the stroller around, while Hayden made friends with a girl from our ward and ran around all night.



Writing our wishes and dreams on the lanterns



Launching our lanterns in the sky








 






We had a great night and we will definitely be doing this again!

P.S. Did I mention that I broke my arm?  I guess I haven't!  Crazy coincidence but our car gets totaled on my sister Shannon's birthday and I break my arm on my sister Michelle's birthday!  What are the odds.  I was leaving church with a bunch of heavy bags on my left shoulder and I was trying to call Paul with my other hand to find out where he was.  The next thing I knew I was falling to my left and crashed down on my arm.  I thought my arm was just bruised at first and my knee was bleeding a lot. But after about a half an hour, I could barely move my elbow and the swelling had started and I just knew...I was pretty emotional, I kept thinking "how am I going to be a mom with a broken arm?"  So we went to the ER and the radiologist was busy but the Dr. told me she did not see a fracture and to follow up with a regular family Dr. on Wednesday unless I heard from the ER.  I never heard from them so I got my hopes up thinking it was not broken.  I went to my family Dr. on Wednesday and he also thought it was just badly bruised, but stated he would call the radiologist and get my x-rays and speak with him.  Before I could even get home I looked at my phone and there was a message from my Dr.  that said I had in fact broken my arm on the radius and that I needed to see an Orthopedic Surgeon to get it casted. I was once again devastated.  I was also so upset that the ER never called to tell me.  Their excuse was that they had the wrong number but never even tried my husbands number.  They said they were so worried that they sent a letter telling me, which was post marked the day after I called to complain and I didn't receive for over a week after the break occurred.  Oddly enough this break requires no cast, I just wear the sling when I'm out and about and the rest of the time I'm trying to get my mobility back.  I had to go back for a 2nd set of x-rays and the Dr. said the bones are still in place but broken and my mobility is ahead of schedule and....wait for it...it's broken in 3 places along the radius.  I go back September 28th to see what is going on.  I really hope it is healed and that I can start bearing some weight on it!  

The first two weeks were really rough, I could barely do anything.  But I am getting good at doing everything one handed, including picking up Reid!

No comments:

Post a Comment