Wednesday, June 23, 2010

PC & HIB

Paul and I decided to follow Dr. Sears vaccine schedule so Hayden gets her shots more spread out over a longer period of time. She has been a little fussy a couple of times, but nothing like this last set. I took her in on Monday to get the PC and HIB shots around 1:30 pm. By 6 pm Paul found Hayden sitting on the kitchen floor nodding off. Hayden never falls asleep around that time so he knew something was wrong. He picked her up and she rested her head on his chest and he then realized she was really hot. We took her temperature and it was 103.3 degrees. I now understand why it's scary when your kids are not feeling well, you just worry. We gave her more ibuprofen and a cold bath which did help, but she had a fever all night and the following day. She has just been exhausted and worn out. I know vaccines are important to get, but it is just hard knowing I induced this fever!!! If it's not teething, it is a fever from a vaccine! I hope after this Hayden goes back to her normal self.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh....poor little one! That must be hard knowing she doesn't feel well due to the vaccines. I hope she gets back to her normal self soon!

    ReplyDelete