Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy 2012

The new year started out good for the Pratts!  We were able to spend New Year's Eve with our friends the Mounts.  I met them while in grad school and we just so happened to move about an hour from where they've been living since we all graduated.  They have friends about 30 minutes from where we live, so we met up there and had fun playing rock band, board games, and eating way to much food!  Sadly I got no pictures, why am I so lame about pictures all the time?  Hayden stayed up until midnight, I couldn't believe it.  I thought for sure she would crash.  She even stayed awake the whole car ride home.  She has loved all the holiday festivities this year. 

Next our friends the Sanders came home to Georgia to visit their families and they got to stay with us Monday night and left Tuesday afternoon.  We took them to Jim and Nicks, one of our favorite BBQ places (although the service was pretty terrible this time :( )  and just spent the night talking away and catching up.  We were so grateful to have them take away time from their families and spend a whole evening with us.  They are awesome!  Pardon my unshowered self in the following pictures!




This picture pretty much sums up how much Hayden loves Susannah!  I can never get her to look at the camera and smile, but of course she does when Susannah is holding her.  She kept going to Susannah's lap and her daughter Payton was a little upset that Hayden was trying to take over her mamma.  After the Sanders left and Hayden woke up from her nap she kept asking for "mamma."  I kept telling her that I was mamma and that Susannah had left.  She was pretty devastated! 

3 comments:

  1. Those two babies look so much like their daddies!!! I miss seeing them get bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Your last paragraph made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute kids! I still can't believe all of our kids stayed up till midnight. That was AMAZING! Funny that Hayden even stayed awake in the car...our kids crashed in seconds.

    ReplyDelete