Sunday, September 23, 2012

3 year check-up

Hayden went to her 3 year check up and thought it was so much fun!  I didn't realize she'd do a hearing test, an eye exam and quiz her as much as they did.  During the eye exam they showed a series of pictures which she recognized and named and then they got to an old fashioned picture of a telephone and just stared at it!  She looked at me and said, "I don't know!"  Isn't it crazy that Hayden has never seen an old fashioned telephone and has no idea what it does?  They need to update their flashcards and get some cell phones in there!

She also didn't know whether she was a girl or a boy.  I've never taught her that one, so after the nurse quizzed her and she didn't know, I worked with her on the differences and she passed by the time the doctor asked her :)

Stats:
Height:  38.4 inches (80-90th percentile)
Weight:  31.8 lbs (50-60th percentile)

She thought she was excited to get her shot until it actually happened!  The play doctor kit shots don't hurt nearly as bad...

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny about the old fashioned telephone flashcard! I would have never really thought how out of date that kind of card would be to little kids these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristine!! Glad Hayden's check-up went well, we are taking Charlie next week! I will start quizzing him!

    ReplyDelete