Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Surprise Baby Shower

I have the most thoughtful young women and young women leaders!  They threw me a surprise baby shower and I was completely shocked when I walked in the room Wednesday night.  They had the room decorated so cute with tons of refreshments and gifts.  Terrie Ridpath (2nd counselor) even made an adorable motorcycle diaper cake!  They themed the party with the motorcycles and it was just so cute.

One of my Mia Maids, Susan, planned all the games.  We played the toilet paper game where they guesstimate how big your belly is using toilet paper, the candy bar poop game where you have to guess which melted candy bar is in each diaper.   And, lastly we played a game that I have never played where a blind folded person had to feed pudding to their partner.  It was really fun to watch.

We opened presents and the leaders had brought lots of gifts for Reid and Hayden which was just so thoughtful.









I finally feel comfortable and like I belong in Young Women's and now I am released.  It's been a crazy week, we had a ward split and lost half our ward and Paul got called to be 2nd counselor in the Bishopric!!!  It was quite a shock and I am not going to lie and am afraid for myself.  Paul is a great help on Sundays and at night and I am going to be on my own a lot more often which is terrifying.  It seems like bad timing but we'll make the most of it.  Hopefully my attitude will turn around soon.  His parents drove all the way to Omaha for the weekend to have his father ordained him as a high priest and be here as he got set apart.  Hayden and Reid loved having their grandparents here for a few short days.  I only got one picture, Reid sure loves Papa Steve!


No comments:

Post a Comment