Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Traditions

We didn't get in all our Christmas traditions this year because I was trying to get ready for my hip surgery, but we did get some fun traditions in.  This year we went to the gingerbread festival with Hayden's friend Lexie and her family.  We went to Panera Bread for dinner first and then saw the gingerbread houses and went upstairs to the visitors center where the kids got to dress up as pioneers and reenact the manger scene.  








 We also went to Bass Pro Shop to see Santa.  The wait is always a little ridiculous, but at least they had some fun things to keep the kids busy.  Reid was obsessed with scooping up the balls and Beckett had a great time just sitting in them!





Waiting in line to see Santa Clause



None of our children have ever been afraid to see Santa.  Beckett looked a little nervous at first and then when I set him down on Santa's lap he just melted into him.  It was so cute, he closed his eyes and he seriously looked like he was ready to fall asleep. Santa was so kind to take his time with each of my children and didn't make them feel rushed at all.



After visiting with Santa we went to Dixie Quicks for breakfast and it was AMAZING!  This will definitely be added to our trip to see Santa each year.  

 We usually do gingerbread houses on our own, but this year the Alldredge family invited us over and it was a lot of fun!  








1 comment:

  1. Hello, I met you when you were living in Cheyenne Wyoming. I was a young kid then, and have spent years trying to find you and Paul. I would love to be able to send you an a private email. There are things I've been waiting years to thank you for. Meagan Moody. Feel free to email me at mmoody912@gnail.com

    ReplyDelete