Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sleep & Work

So about 3 days ago Hayden started teething! Can you believe this, she isn't even 4 months old yet, so when she woke up screaming I didn't even think about this possibility for several hours. I burped her, checked her diaper, gave her gas drops, tried nursing her, but to no avail, she continued to scream. Of course Paul was on alert so I was alone. Paul did get a call about 2:30 am and immediately knew something was wrong for me to call him at this time. When moms and dads use to tell me that they were up all night with their child I definitely thought this was an exaggeration. Well I want to apologize for not believing all of you, because it is true, you can stay up all night! Thank heavens I now have orajel and some other baby teething medication, works great. Wish I had had it that night.
I started work today and definitely have mixed feelings. I am working 2 10 hour days on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Paul had the day off and stayed home with her. She is enjoying taking a bottle from dad and loves petting his arms. Maybe she likes the hair :) He had to take her in to work for about an hour and Paul said his commander was so happy to see her and kept commenting on her beautiful eyes. He even said that they should put her through a training sequence and she could go on alerts. Anyway, I hope I am happy working part-time and that life balances out. I always thought I wouldn't like staying at home full-time, but I think I could be quite content.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, first day back at work huh? I hope the transition goes well. I know Jen went back to teaching to finish off the school year after she had Cole, but now she stays home and loves it! I can't believe Hayden is teething! Wow! What a great new adventure to embark on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there. Remember to focus on the time you ARE spending with her and not the time you aren't. What a special day for her to spend with Daddy. So sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went back to work in the mornings when McKay was just over 2 months old since Jordan was a full-time student and it was our only income. I'd work in the afternoons from home. When he was 6 months old and tax season got busy, I'd be home in the mornings and be gone from noon to midnight. Jordan was always with him when I wasn't but I really missed not getting to watch his developments. I'd notice him doing something and point it out to Jordan and he'd say, 'oh, he's been doing that for several days now'. It was hard because I love doing taxes but babies grow up SO FAST! Now I have the perfect mix - I get to work while he sleeps and I don't miss him at all. Good luck figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe she's teething already. I'm just looking forward to getting some sleep at this point! :) I'm nervous about going back to work too. Hopefully you get a schedule figured out. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete