Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wyoming Christmas






This year was both Paul and I's first Christmas away from home and also our first Christmas with Hayden. Paul got the day of Christmas off but was not allowed to leave Cheyenne for the holidays this year. But we made the best of it and had a great day. We started off by buying our first Honey Baked Ham in Ft. Collins on Christmas Eve and making my Grandma Cowan's yummy roll recipe. We read the Christmas story and ate Ham sandwiches and opened our Christmas jammies that Paul's mom gets each year.

The next morning we woke up around 8:30 am, Hayden slept 9 hours-thanks Hayden! We made German pancakes and opened up our stockings. Although Hayden had no idea what was going on, I think she was excited because she could tell we were both excited. We got Hayden a tiny love play mate and despite the lamb not singing "Old McDonald had a farm" like it was suppose to, she really loves it. After all that excitment she was tired and took a nap while Paul and I opened the rest. One gift that I found for Paul was a device you attach to your key chain. If you lose your keys all you have to do is whistle and the keys beep. Paul whistled most of the day and thought the gift was pretty funny. For any of you who know Paul, you know that he loses EVERYTHING. Both his mom and dad asked if I got one for his phone, watch, wedding ring and wallet.

That afternoon my sister Michelle and her husband Jared made the drive from Colorado Springs to spend the evening with us. We had them and our neighbors the Sanders over for dinner. It's the first really big dinner I have ever made and all in all it turned out really well. We spent the rest of the evening playing catch phrase and balderdash, which I won! It was a great day.

Paul was supposed to go on alert the next day, but due to the crazy wind and snow drifts (we had a 6 1/2 ft snow drift behind our house!) he didn't have to go and got to spend the day shopping with me.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful Christmas! and how do you and your sister look so much alike? I would have thought you guys were the twins! lol! :)
    What a memorable time to just spend time together and take it all in - the meaning of Christmas and the very first one as a family with Hayden. so beautiful - Paul's post made me tear up - heartfelt and so well-written! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Hayden with her stocking! It looks like she might actually fit in it. Thanks for the wonderful Christmas dinner and fabulous company! I am so glad we live close enough to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine...I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I'm glad you were able to see Michelle and spend time with her since you weren't able to come to Utah. Little Hayden is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete