Thursday, December 3, 2009

Utah Adventures


Grandma Joye above & Grandpa Cowan below

Hayden's Blessing dress


Hayden loves Grandma Robinson

Hayden didn't cry at all on our plane ride


Well our Thanksgiving was very busy, but we had so much fun being home for over a week. Both Paul and I have a bit of a cold now though, so that's no fun. We flew in the Sunday before Thanksgiving and spent Sunday night with my family. My brothers were pretty excited to finally meet Hayden and love telling others that they are uncles. They were a little nervous about holding her, but did a great job with her. Then on Monday we met Paul's mom and dad at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Anne went nuts and bought Hayden lots of cute bows and the cutest Christmas dress I have ever seen from baby GAP. We spent until Wed with Paul's mom and dad and then headed down to Cedar City to see my Grandpa and the rest of my extended family. My cousins took some great pics of Hayden in her Christmas dress and some family pics for a Christmas card. I will post some of them when I get them! Hayden slept through Thanksgiving dinner but Paul and I enjoyed the food and company. Everyone was very excited to meet and hold Hayden. She adjusted to all the change so well and was a happy baby for the most part. Then on Friday we drove back down to Tooele and spent until Monday there. We decided to bless Hayden in Utah so that both our parents could be there. Paul did a great job giving Hayden her blessing, I'm so glad he could do this for her. She wore the same blessing dress that me and all my sisters wore, so that was kind of special. After we went to Paul's parents home and ate pork sandwiches, funeral potatoes, grape salad, regular salad and zucchini cake. Kelli and Seth Metcalf came out for the blessing along with my friend Brooke and her husband Jake DeMann.
On Monday we met my mom at the junior high where she teaches which was fun. I got to meet the other teachers and some of her students. My mom and dad took us to a great Thai restaraunt, I love curry! We also went with my grandma Robinson to Chuck a Rama :) Hayden really did enjoy everyone she met, but she made sounds and giggles I have never heard with my Grandma. She just loved it when she talked to her. My dad took us to the airport on Wednesday and of course, Paul's bag doesn't make it through so we had to wait around forever for that and then our ticket to pay for our parking wouldn't work which created another 40 min delay. Then as we are leaving the airport, they find his bag and ask us to come back and get it. It was crazy! It was pretty funny, we had soooo much luggage because we had to bring Hayden's pack and play along with all her other stuff and our bags, it was crazy. Kids definitely complicate traveling. Anyway we had a great time at home despite all the driving and stress over getting everywhere we needed to be! Hayden traveled so well despite all the stress and time in the car, she is a great baby. She is smiling so much now and fitting into all her 3 month clothes. I can't believe how quickly time has gone by.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kristine...what a wonderful Thanksgiving trip adventure! The pictures of Hayden in her blessing dress are just beautiful! I can't believe you and all your sisters were blessed in the same dress...that is really neat! I'm glad that you finally got your luggage...and it's true, kids require a lot of things to back in traveling! :) I'm sorry I wasn't able to see you while you were here. I really wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayden looks so lovely in the blessing dress! I also love the picture of her all bundled up on the plane, her little hat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete