Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve!

This is Paul. It is my first attempt to add anything to our blog but I can't help but express how I feel about this holiday season. I just finished writing my brothers, Mark and Kyle, who are serving missions in Alabama and Uruguay, respectively. Without sounding preachy or pompous, I am so grateful for not only the birth but als0 the life of Jesus Christ.

I remember being excited about Christmas at an early age because of the presents (of course) but finding a deep satisfaction in feeling connected to the birth of the Savior of the world. It dawned on me as I reminisced about my mission to Paraguay that without His sacrifice it would have been just another person to enter the world. His life would not have been meaningless but would not have had the infinite reach that it does today. Everything has to start somewhere and we would be hard pressed to find a more auspicious entrance than a virgin giving birth, but as is the case in most things in life the finish is how we are remembered. I am personally grateful that He had the courage, strength and foresight to not only endure but to endure well. I look at Christmas as an opportunity to offer much deserved, and never adequate, gratitude for all He has done for my family and I.

We hope that you all have a memorable, safe and meaningful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment