Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2 Month Shots

This morning we got Hayden's 2 month shots. We got them a little later because she was going to get them the day before we flew home for Thanksgiving and didn't want her screaming on the air plane! So the whole drive there she is crying and unhappy to be in her car seat and I thought, "this is not going to be a good day." One of the shots was oral, so she drank it. I didn't know they did that. She liked it and had a big smile on her face after she drank it all. Then the nurse asked me to hold her arms down across her chest and she gave her the shot in her thigh. Hayden didn't cry at all at first, then let out one little cry and stopped! How crazy is that. She did the same when they drew blood for her genetic screening, but I thought it was a fluke. I guess I am lucky that she doesn't seem to mind shots :)
Also Hayden is now sleeping between 8 and 9 hours a night. I am probably jinxing myself by typing this, but it has been so great not waking up in the middle of the night. And by the way, ever since we came back from Utah it has been between 1 and 5 degrees! It is freezing. Yesterday with wind chill they said it was -20 degrees!

6 comments:

  1. Hayden is such a good baby!!! It has been freezing here as well, I think it is supposed to be between -15 and -29 in the Springs tonight! I thought Colorado Springs was supposed to be warmer than Logan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I was going to ask you about the shots. Are you guys spreading them out or just doing the normal with the shots? Just curious. We miss you guys and can't wait to meet Hayden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great! Dilan seems to cry once it's all over but not while it's going on. Maybe it's because they do it quickly. :)
    So, what were Hayden's stats? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that Hayden is such a good baby! And I can't believe she is sleeping 8-9 hours a night. I totally forgot that book you used...could you remind me the name of it so that I can be sure to tell Jen? LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the new family photo! Tell Paul we have a missionary serving here from his home town - Elder Smaelley (smAley, long A) anyway, he went to school with one of Paul's brothers... small world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry it took me so long to reply to you all! Marci, the book was called Baby Wise and it worked great for us. Hayden's stats at the 2 month appt: 10 lbs 10 oz and 23 inch long. She is in the 50th percentile on everything. And yes we are spreading out her shots, the book I am following is called The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears.
    Kinsey, I'll have to tell Paul, it is crazy what a small world we live in. The family photo was taken by my cousin, isn't he good! I think we are going to take your advice and get a nice camera and try taking our own photos. You have inspired us :)

    ReplyDelete