Sunday, February 14, 2010

Our little swimmer

Hayden loved laying on dad's tummy to kick
Shortly after her first dunk


Yesterday we decided to take Hayden for her first swim. I have been anxiously awaiting this day for a long time and figured now that she is 5 months old it was time! The base swimming pool is currently closed due to construction, so we took her to the local pool in Cheyenne called the Municipal pool in Lion's park. They have a little kiddy pool that is only 1 foot deep. Hayden could stand on the bottom and she loves standing so it worked out great. At first she was way to excited to see all the other kids so I don't think she even realized she was in the water. The water was really warm in the kiddy pool, like bath tub water. It was freezing in the other pool so we didn't last there very long. Hayden loved lying on her back and kicking as well as trying to drink the water when she was on her tummy. We did dunk her once and it was pretty shocking to her, but she didn't cry at all (video below). We went into her nap time a little, so she was pretty exhausted and fell asleep right when she got into her car seat. When we got home I knew I needed to give her a bath to get all the chlorine off her skin and she was not happy! She cried like I have never heard her cry, maybe a little too much water for one day.

That night we celebrated Valentine's Day since Paul is on alert today. We thought we'd try out this place in town called "Little Bear." Online it said that the menu was about $12-$20 a plate. I didn't think that sounded too bad so we went. Well, it was a bit more! And Paul described the food as, "good, not great." Oh well, at least we have tried it. I got Paul 2 seasons of Arrested Development which is his favorite show ever apparently. I have been watching them for the first time with him and they are pretty good, not better than Seinfield like him claimed though. I also found an Air Force Academy t-shirt at the TJ Maxx by Michelle's house and got him that as well. Paul got me new recyclable grocery bags and a cute key chain. All in all it was a fun Valentine's day.

5 comments:

  1. I love the pictures!!! It looks like she didn't mind the dunking too much, maybe she will be a swimmer like her momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute everyone of your last posts were. I appreciate you doing this so we can see how beautiful Hayden is. I do believe she is going to love mischief and that she will be a swimmer. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the video!!! Maybe she will be a swimmer. I sure wouldn't mind that at all. I just can't get over her blue eyes. You can't can't keep recessive genes down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is soooo funny! She is quite shocked to have been dunked in the water! She is going to be a great little swimmer...just like her mom! ;) I'm also glad to hear you had a nice Valentines Day. Sorry the food was good...but not great. I've had those experiences before too! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete