Saturday, March 13, 2010

Catching Up

I am a little behind on some posts. Last week Hayden ate peas for the first time. She did not like them at all! But after a couple days they grew on her and yesterday she almost ate a whole jar. Today we are trying out carrots.



We also recently got Hayden an exersaucer and she has had a lot of fun exploring everything. She really likes the little animal shown above. It lights up and sings songs about different colors, she gets really excited when it starts singing.



And finally, as a child my mom never made Rice Crispy treats ever. Thus, I have never made them. I think it's because of my mom's love for chocolate that she never exposed us to Rice Crispy treats. So last night, for the first time ever I made them. So easy! Who knew? I even used my new perfect brownie pan, "as seen on tv" and it worked great! I think there are more Rice Crispies to come.

5 comments:

  1. You are too funny!! I've never known anyone who hasnt eaten rice krispy treats!! They dont stick around long here around house. I like them sooo much more than the ones you buy in the blue wrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the commercials for that pan. I bet it's awesome. And yeah, rice crispy treats are super easy. I like to add a handful of chocolate chips when the marshmallows are melting so that the chips melt and you get CHOCOLATE rice crispy treats! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe you have never made rice krispies before! I'm glad you had the experience. They are yummy! And the picture with Hayden in the pink hat is so cute! I'm glad she has started to like the peas! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like everyone else, I can't believe you have never made rice krispies. So yummy!! I like to drizzle a little chocolate sauce on top of them. I hope Hayden likes the saucer thing. It usually kept my kids pretty entertained for awhile so I could get some stuff done! Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited to try out different variations of chocolate rice krispies, thanks for the ideas everyone :)

    ReplyDelete