Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hayden, Hayden, Bo-Bayden

Hayden's little personality is pretty hilarious these days.  She is talking so much more and can help read lots of the pages in her book by filling in the words that she knows. 

She is also OBSESSED with mint.  A few weeks back I saw her chewing on something and I told her to spit it out and out came and entire roll of mint floss!!!  She was devastated when I took it away and I have found her trying to find it and open it up again several times.  So I finally decided to give her a tiny piece of mint gum and see how she handled it.  Paul was very against this and was waiting for a huge mess that I would be upset about.  But to our surprise she chewed it for hours!  When she was done she handed it to us.  I thought she would just swallow it, but she really can't get enough of the mint. 

I know this picture is horrible, but it's the only pictures I got as she put the gum in her mouth and started to chew!

I did get a short video also:

Also, before we left to see the Oldham's I bought Hayden some underpants because she has been wanting to sit on the potty every time I go to the bathroom.  I know she's probably not ready yet, but I thought this might get her more excited about it all.  Every time I put her on the potty she makes the "ppsssss" sound like she is going, but has only actually gone #1 about 2 or 3 times.  I need to get a little reward for her so when she does go she knows she gets a prize (maybe something mint!)  The underwear didn't last very long, but oh how she LOVED wearing them!  I got the smallest size 2T/3T and they were pretty big. 


We have also started a new ritual at night time.  After her milk, brushing her teeth, and prayers, dad sings the following song to her:

"Rockabye, don't you cry, we will go see Grandma, up the hill and down the dell to see the little________" and then he inserts different animals to which Hayden responds by making the animal noise.  She likes to sleep with her lion, "fishy" which is really a dolphin, and lots of blankets.  In the morning, she gathers them all up and brings them all out with her. 

Hayden continues to love nursery and is so proud of herself for recognizing Jesus in pictures.  Her teachers say that during singing time she stands up and dances for the whole class.  I bet she puts on a pretty good show!  

2 comments:

  1. You can get smaller underwear/training pants online, fyi.

    That is seriously so funny about the mint?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm a mint lover...wonder if she gets that from Grandma R...

    ReplyDelete