Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Oldham Family

Hayden and I had such a good visit in Colorado Springs with Michelle, Jared and baby Owen.  It was hard to come home.  It was just so nice being able to spend the day with my sister not doing anything spectacular, just making meals and hanging out.  Hayden struggled the first couple of days with the time change and was just irritable and whiny.  But she got much better and really enjoyed being around a baby.  Each morning and after her nap she would ask, "baby???" and wanted to know where he was.  Anytime Michelle was nursing, she wanted to be right next to her and was "so helpful" in handing her the nursing timer and other nursing essentials. She would even wake up at the exact same time when Michelle nursed at night (this was very weird, it's like she could sense she was being left out!)

Hayden loved sitting/laying next to Owen and touching him "soft."  She would touch him and say, "soft" over and over again.

I am not one of those people who loves to hold newborns.  But when it is my own, or my sisters, it is just different and I couldn't get enough of it.  

My beautiful sister and Owen.

Hayden having fun in her room


Hayden warmed up to Michelle so quickly, I think she is finally leaving the stranger danger phase!

1st bath and he LOVED every minute of it.  He even fell asleep in there!


Hayden loved playing in the backyard and especially loved the hose!  It kept her entertained for a long time.  We took her to a spray park, but she got sprayed right in the face and then she was done!

Hayden loved watching "Glee" at their house as well!

And loved wearing Owen's socks on her feet and hands!

Right before we left for the airport.  Hayden loved playing with the boppy as well.  I might have to go dig mine out of the basement for her!

Owen is such a good baby and it was so much fun to be around him in his first month of life.  Michelle is a natural mother and is doing such a great job with the huge transition that has occurred in her life. It was so special for me to be able to go and spend time with them.  This is what stinks about living so far from family.  I am sad I'm not going to be around Owen as he changes so much this first year.   Hopefully we get to see them again really soon!  We were also fortunate enough to have lunch at the park with Susannah and Payton Sanders!  They just moved to Colorado Springs so it was good to see them again.  We have been so grateful to continually see them since we moved from Cheyenne.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for the laughs, Hayden is a riot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great pictures you got! And Hayden has got such personality - the one of her lying on the couch in her diaper with the remote is hilarious. I think Hayden is ready for a baby bro or sis of her own! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how SKINNY she is for just having had a baby! I am so glad you were able to go visit.

    Congrats Michelle on a beautiful baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Hayden loves her cousin. "Soft" is a very good description for little babies. Owen is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip. I bet she loved having you. You and Michelle look great. Hayden is adorable as ever. Owen is so handsome. I love watching abbey with babies. She just loves them, sometimes a little too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good night! Your sister and you are clones!

    ReplyDelete