Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Day

Paul remembers waking up very early every Christmas morning of his childhood.  Well, Hayden is not a morning person at all, so we woke up about our normal time around 8:30 am!  She was very excited when she woke up and she knew it was Christmas morning!  



First we went and checked out our stockings.  Santa Claus left Hayden a note next to our empty plate of cookies and carrot.  He also left her a table and Minnie Mouse Birthday Bowtique.  We videoed this and so I have no pictures!  She carefully looked over each item in her stocking and was excited about each thing she opened.  Our elf Peeta, also let Santa know that Paul left his "cutie" in his stocking last year, so this year Santa had a sense of humor and put Paul's orange in a ziploc bag!



Next we went to our tree and let Hayden open this first, she always shows her emotions clearly doesn't she? Could she be any happier?


 This is probably Paul's all time favorite gift.  My mom found him a really nice copy of Atlas Shrugged, his favorite book.  There are only 800 copies and he got #81 I believe.  He was so shocked as he has looked for nice copies in our price range before without any luck.


Here is Hayden in her Rapunzel dress and toys!


My new favorite quote from Hayden occurred as she opened this present from Grandma Anne and Papa Steve.  When she saw the Belle dress she said, "Dreams really do come true!"  How hilarious is that.  We can't stop talking about how clever she was :)


Paul has wanted these new running shoes forever and I led him to believe I did not get them for him, so he was pretty excited about these as well! 


This may be one of Hayden favorite presents from my Mom and Dad.  She loves being Paul and I's physician and is constantly giving us shots and checking our blood pressure.  


Paul got me a really cute maxi skirt (I wore it to church today and got a number of compliments.  People were astonished that Paul picked it out all by himself!) and this sewing machine was my highlight.  I'm excited to embark on some new projects when I get some time!


After opening presents I made sweetie hotcakes while Hayden and Paul started watching Brave.  We let Hayden play with presents and we were able to face time with all our family.  Then around 3 pm we went back to our friends the Heinholds and ate leftovers and played games all night.  It was a great time.  I'm so thankful for our "family" out in the south, I don't know what we would have done without them.  Again, I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of the Heinholds, we really do have too much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment