Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Pratts Turn to Visit

After all the holidays Anne and Steve got to come and visit.  They were so excited to meet Reid and spend time with Hayden.  We had a busy week!  Anne came first on Wednesday and then Steve came Friday.


Hayden had a little too much fun with Papa Steve!  He was such a good sport to play her games
.



Also, late Friday night Paul's brother Russ and his family drove out so they could be there for Reid's blessing.  We spent Saturday swimming, going to Chuck E. Cheese, and going to Skyzone a trampoline place.



Sunday was the blessing day. My mom bought Reid the cutest blessing outfit and Anne knitted little booties for him. It's crazy because Reid rarely cries, but he cried during his blessing which was a little distracting to Paul but he still did a great job.  Here is what his blessing said:

"Heavenly Father, in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, and by the power of the Melchizedek Priesthood which we hold, we take this infant in our arms to give him a name and a blessing.  The name by which he shall be known among his family and friends and on the records of the Church is: Reid Gibson Pratt.
Reid, you are the evidence of many prayers, fasting and sacrifices.  I bless you that you will draw close to your Heavenly Father through many manifestations of His Spirit.  I bless you with the gift to draw from and believe on the testimonies of others until you gain that knowledge for yourself.  I bless you with a desire to know the mysteries of God and that the Holy Ghost will guide you to truth.  I bless you with opportunities to share that testimony with others.
I bless you that you your mind will be open to the things of the world and that you will learn much.  I bless you that you will be given opportunities to bless the lives of others with this knowledge.  I bless you that your body will be strong and will increase in strength as you work and remain humble and obedient.  I bless you with the gift of discernment in choosing good friends who would draw you closer to our Heavenly Father and you likewise for them.  I bless you that will also be able to recognize and flee from temptation and evil.
I bless you that you will have an opportunity to serve your Heavenly Father and His Son on a mission.  I bless you that you will be prepared to answer that call and will bring many to the truth through your obedience, work and love.
I bless you that you will have a special relationship with your sister, Hayden.  She will provide an example for you and you for her.  I bless you that your friendship and love for each other will grow and will help you through difficult times.
I bless you that you will grow in the Church and have opportunities to serve.  I bless you that when the time comes, you will be worthy to enter the Temple and be sealed for time and all eternity. 
I bless you with a deep love for your Heavenly Father.  I bless you with a similar knowledge that your mother and I love you as well.  Your family will always be there to support you and to love you.
We are thankful for the many prayers that have resulted in your entering into our family.
We give you these blessings and all others that you stand in need of at this time, and do so in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

In the circle we had Paul, his father Steve, his brother Russ, Bishop Shell, and our friends Brian Heinhold, Casey Barnes, Kelly Mendenhall & Dustin Thomas.  

Big Sister









We had a nice lunch and then Russ and his family had to head back to Mississippi.  We were so grateful that they came to visit with us and share in this special day.  It was fun to have so much family with us, we're not use to that!

Reid also turned one month old during their visit!




His one month stats are as follows:  
weight 11 lbs 4 oz
height 23 inches
head 40 cm
Anne was busy sewing projects for me too!  She made a car seat canopy and a tee pee for Hayden!  We've had so much fun playing in it.


While Anne sewed, Steve helped me with a bunch of house projects.  He mowed up all our leaves, put gravel under our deck, installed a garage code door opener thingy, and installed lights for a path to our basement door so clients can enter that way for appointments!  How amazing is he!

I also turned 32 while they were here.  They took me to lunch at one of my favorite little places Taqueria Tsunami, and then we had a fun day of shopping.  They were kind enough to watch the kiddos so Paul and I got to go out on a date that night.  We got sushi and soup, yum!  That night we enjoyed cupcakes to celebrate the big day.


See what I mean....busy week!  So glad they came and helped me out as I continued to make the transition to 2 children.  We love them and miss them so much!






2 comments:

  1. So many great memories. We loved our visit and miss you all so much. See you soon though, we are so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time! Thanks for sharing all the great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete