Monday, August 22, 2016

10 Year Anniversary

10 YEARS!!!  We knew that our big anniversary would be hard to celebrate because we'd have a little baby, so last year we did a bigger trip to Chicago to celebrate.  I was kind of feeling sad that we couldn't do more to celebrate this year, but unbeknownst to me, Paul made it an AMAZING day!  All throughout the day he brought up gifts, 10 to be exact.  With each gift there was a song attached for me to listen to while I read his letter and opened the gift.  He themed each gift with the traditional yearly anniversary gifts.

Year One: Paper-stationary
Year Two: Cotton-bath robe
Year Three: Leather-Key Chain
Year Four: Fruit/Flowers-Floweral jewelry travel case
Year Five: Wood-breakfast tray
Year Six: Candy-fancy dark chocolate
Year Seven: Wool-Smart Wool Socks
Year Eight: Bronze-Bronze colored water proof iPod to swim with
Year Nine: Pottery-gift card to pottery place
Year Ten: Tin-Tin Wallet Insert



Are you impressed?  I sure was!  He hot-glued a clip on to each package that attached the song title, a quote and card that all fit the theme of the gift or year.  He put a lot of thought into it and I loved reading his words.  That night we went out for Sushi and had I brought a bunch of fun questions to ask your spouse so we did that and talked.  Zach Houser was kind enough to watch the kids and get them in bed for us!  

I wasn't nearly as cool, but I did print off pictures from the past 10 years and attached them to balloons with notes on the back and filled his office.  I got him a consultation for laser hair removal which he was really excited about.


I should also mention that our anniversary falls on National Donut Day!  So we went to Lamar's and got free donuts to start the day.


Marriage has definitely had it's ups and downs.  But I am pretty glad I waited for Paul all those years and that we have created this amazing little family that I love so much.  Happy 10 years Paul, I love you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment