Monday, August 22, 2016

Mother's Day

I forgot to include Mother's Day.  And I am actually excited to post about the day because, 1.  Paul made me the most amazing ice cream cake dessert and 2.  I actually love this picture of Beckett and I on our first Mother's Day together.  



It has been quite the transition to 3.  My friend sent me the following quote which I really relate to now:
"When you find yourself locked in the bathroom sobbing on the floor because you've just had enough, that does mean you have failed as a mother.  Being a mother is hard, that is not failure, that is fact. Remind yourself of that."  

I have definitely had a few melt downs and days where I wonder what happened to my simpler, cleaner life.  My mantra has become, "This is not my life forever."  While there are things I love about the baby phase, it is a hard year in general for me.  Sometimes I find myself wishing away these days with little ones.  I'm sure I'll miss certain aspects of these days, but man are they exhausting at times.  I am pretty grateful we lucked out and got these 3 cute kids and that I am lucky enough to be called Mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment