Thursday, March 24, 2011

Confidence

So I have almost everything completed in order to start my private practice:
  • license transferred to GA 
  • professional liability insurance
  • LLC paperwork in and waiting approval
  • my private practice paperwork is written and ready to be used
  • have business cards and brochures 
  • met with the stake president and got permission to contact the bishops and send my information
  • getting set up to be a referral for LDS Family Services (the nearest location is an hour from our house)
Now all I need in the confidence to do it!  I remember feeling similar after moving to Cheyenne.  After graduation Paul and I had 2 months off (AF paid his salary too) and then we went to Alabama and then to California for only 8 months.  Needless to say, I never got a job in therapy and so by the time we got to Cheyenne it had been a year since I had done any therapy.  I was so nervous to start again.

Now I find myself in the same situation, almost a year since I have worked and now I am trying to start a private practice and have people pay me.  In Cheyenne most of my clients paid between $1-$20 per hour because it was a non-profit organization that based the fee off of income.  I knew I was worth at least that much, but am I worth paying more???  I guess we'll find out.   I hate having insecurities, I just need to believe in myself.  

Here is my professional photo I had taken at Target awhile back.  I felt so silly having pictures taken of myself.  Much more fun when Hayden is the subject! 

6 comments:

  1. Well I am glad to find out you have some insecurities too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine seeing anyone else if I had you as an option! You have always been good at everything you do. You will be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look super cute & professional.

    I know what you mean about jumping back in after a break. I feel like that at the beginning of every tax season. But then once I jump in it is like riding a bike. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture is great and I know that you will do an amazing job in whatever you set your mind to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how beautiful you look. I just can't believe that you have some of my genes. You must have received the best that I had.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great Kristine. You are naturally beautiful inside and out. what an asset you are to the church and people in Atlanta. You are the best. Love you

    ReplyDelete