Monday, March 14, 2011

Ode to my gray shirt

I knew from the moment I saw you on the sale rack at Anne Taylor Loft that you would be one of my favorites
And once I put you on I realized I also needed you in black
You were the perfect shirt that could be used with dress pants & pretty necklaces or plain old jeans
I wore you in the summer and winter, seasons did not matter
Even after a pesky moth ate some holes in you I still continued to love you
You made me feel good even when I felt bloated or had weight left to lose from Hayden
You were always my go to shirt and I always got compliments about you
Well today an unfortunate accident happened and I will sadly have to retire you
I knew I should have left the bathrooms a mess and focused on keeping you clean
But unfortunately I spilled toilet cleaner "with bleach" on you and you are now ruined
How I will miss you and the way you made me feel...


Goodbye my favorite gray shirt, goodbye :(

9 comments:

  1. Sad day!! I feel your pain! I have shirts like that too. And maybe it's just me, but things like that always seem to come back to me. I had a GAP sweater that I LOVED that Zach shrunk when we were first married (I forbade him to do laundry ever since), and just Saturday I found it again at DI in perfect condition. $3. And I knew that would happen someday. We were just meant to be together. I'll watch out for your shirt from now on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I'm sorry! I remember that shirt. Hopefully you'll find a good replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! Though I am sorry for your loss :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, that is such a funny but sad post! lol! :)
    Every woman can relate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man! I loved that shirt of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LoL, love it! Its a bummer that you can't even blame your kid since you ruined it yourself. I hate that! At least when I the kids spill something I can get over it cause, hey, this is what I signed up for, when I had children... but bleach? Major bummer, major fail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, my word verification for that last comment was bersa. Funny...you were the only one who believed me that that was a real body part do you remember? It might be spelled Bursa though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny. I am totally with you though...I hate it when that happens. :)

    ReplyDelete