Sunday, February 12, 2012

Silly Hayden

Hayden is developing quite a personality and she always keeps us laughing.  Hayden HATES winter clothes.  Every morning she begs to wear a dress with short sleeves or anything sleeveless.  When I do manage to get a long sleeve shirt on her, she immediately has to have the sleeves rolled up!  And I mean immediately!  As soon as the shirt is on she says, "uh oh, uh, oh" until we get the sleeves in place.  I can forget about coats and jackets.  She gets hot so fast, it's a good thing we live in Georgia since it doesn't usually get to cold.

This is how I find Hayden every morning:


I have no idea why, but this is how she likes to sleep!  Sometimes she'll do this with her shirts too and if it is lose enough she'll make her shirt into a tube top.

Hayden's love for music continues to grow.  She knows the lyrics to songs by The Band, James Taylor, The Killers, Regina Spektor, Mumford & Sons, better than I do half the time!  When she hears a song she really likes she says, "again" and "one more time" over and over again.  She is also really good at memorizing words in her favorite books.  So as I read I omit words and she fills them in with the right words.

Hayden is good at repeating everything I say, but is just now starting to independently make up her own phrases.  Right now she likes to ask and answer her own questions.  For example, "Where's daddy...At work."  It's really cute.

Hayden is also so observant.  Anytime I wear anything new or do something different to my hair she immediately notices and comments on it!

Something Hayden is doing that drives me crazy is that when she doesn't get her way, or someone looks at her that she does not know, she slaps herself across the face.  Seriously, this makes me feel like a terrible parent every time it happens.  Should I just be grateful she is hitting herself and not others???  She is also turning into a super picky eater.  We sat at the dinner table for about an hour a couple of nights ago while I tried to bargain with her to eat her dinner.  She is stubborn to say the least.  After the horrible event I could hear her saying to herself, "Hayden, just try it..."  yep that's what I kept telling her.

Here are a few pictures of her playing in the monstrous bag my birthday pie came in.  She had so much fun until it broke!


1 comment:

  1. She is just the cutest little girl ever. I can't wait to hug her. We love you guys. She must have some of Grandma Joye's "Its too hot" genes!

    ReplyDelete