Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

I don't care how some people think Valentine's Day is too commercialized, I still love it.  I express my love for my family each day, but it's fun having a day to really celebrate it!  Hayden has been gearing up for several weeks. She loves seeing all the heart balloons, heart cookies, heart everything when we run errands.  She loves pointing them out wherever we go.  So I told her the night before that it was "heart day" tomorrow and that it was called Valentines.  Sure enough that morning she said, "heart day, happy valentine's!"  She couldn't wait to get downstairs and start her day!

Here is Hayden checking out her Valentine's Mailbox (I made all 3 of us these this year, I loved it and it is a cute home decoration!)  She had a card from Dad, Mom, and a Reece's Peanut Butter heart that I let her eat during breakfast!





Then at 10:30 am we had a Valentine's Day party with all her friends at Ali Mendenhall's house.  We ate lunch, made Valentine bags, exchanged cards, decorated cookies, made crafts, it was a very fun event!  Plus the moms got yummy food too!


We decided to eat at home this year (first year since we have been married that we have done this, we are getting old I guess).  I made a meal that all of us love:  Chicken Asparagus Crepes and they were delicious.  I also made a Memphis Mud Pie which was tasty.

Then we let Hayden open some gifts from Grandma Anne and Grandma Kathy.  My mom got her a Mickey Mouse Club House movie, which Hayden loved and watched about 3 times yesterday!  Grandma Anne got her all kinds of fun jewelry (which Hayden insisted on wearing to bed that night) and Valentine's candy.


We got her a heart-shaped chalk board, new purse, and I made her some quiet activity folders for church.  Hayden loved Valentine's and all the excitement it brought to her day!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is wonderful that you made it such a fun day! Family traditions are what make holidays so great!

    ReplyDelete