Sunday, August 11, 2013

Baby #2

We have long been awaiting the day that we could announce that baby #2 was on the way!  I'm hoping to journal our whole experience here shortly.  But for now, here are the pictures from July 23rd when we found out what we were having.

We decided to take Hayden along with us since she is so excited to become a big sister.  She talks about the baby all the time and is practicing on all her babies now.  The ultrasound technician asked if we wanted to find out and asked Hayden what she wanted and she responded, "a brother" surprisingly.  She has been pretty adamant that she wanted a sister for a long time.  So much so that Paul and I almost decided not to take her with us because we were afraid of her reaction if it really was a boy!  This is only the 2nd time that she said she wanted a brother.  Right before she got her tonsils out the doctor asked if she had any brothers and sisters to which she said, "yep, a brother!"  We quickly told the Dr. that we were expecting but not until December.

Anyway, the ultrasound tech discovered the gender and whispered it to Hayden, so she was the first to know.  Then she told us that we were having a "boy."  We were all really excited!  It's so nice to have one of each and know that I will get to experience mothering a boy and a girl.  I'm so happy Hayden is glad to have a brother.


Dad calling family to tell them the news!


Hayden and I, she was such a good girl at the Dr's office!


Introducing baby boy :)  We can't wait to meet him!



Since it's been a long stressful road to get to this point we decided to have a little gender reveal party for our friends.  We decided to write on pink balloons, "nope" and blue balloons, "yep"  then our friends blew them up to see the answer after guessing the gender.  It was a lot of fun, except the writing faded on a bunch of the balloons leaving our guests wondering what in the world we were having!






We found out at about 21 weeks.  This picture is me at 20 weeks.  It's crazy how much faster I began showing with baby #2!  I swear you could barely tell I was pregnant when we found out Hayden was a girl at 24 weeks!  But thank goodness the belly growth has slowed down a bit, I was big enough with Hayden I can't imagine being any bigger!!!



Paul is so excited to have a boy in the house with him and we are just feeling really blessed at the moment!  Currently I am 24 weeks along and recently stopped feeling so nauseous!  Excited to have my energy and stomach back!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm so happy for all 3 of you. Hayden is adorable. I love the picture of your family holding the balloon. Hayden's face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the reveal! so cute!!! has Paul bought the baby a little baseball onesie yet? I just know that is a MUST! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys! I can't wait to meet your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you, Paul and Hayden! We miss you guys...We are hoping to make a trip to ATL / FL next year!

    ReplyDelete