Sunday, June 22, 2014

8 years!

I still can't believe Paul and I have been married for 8 years as of June 3rd 2014. It's always fun to look back on our special day with all the fond memories I have of that day.  I know it sounds cheesy, but it really was a perfect, magical day.  I just felt awesome being surrounded by supportive friends and family.

This year we kept our mother's day, father's day, and anniversary pretty simple since our gift to each other is our plane tickets going home to Utah this summer.  But we did manage to go out to lunch during a break Paul had at work and then went out to a fun restaurant downtown in Atlanta.  We went to Murphy's and it was amazing food.  The highlight for me was our appetizer which was a smoked artichoke served with an amazing sauce!  I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat another artichoke again and not be disappointed and they are my favorite food!


Our entrees were also amazing, but check out our desserts!  So yummy!



 I just got done reading a book called the Happiness Project and really enjoyed it.  One section talks about finding out what really brings you happiness, what activities you really enjoy.  Sometimes we do things we think we are enjoying when we really aren't.  Anyway, trying fun new restaurants brings out lots of happiness in me, I love it and have such a great time.

That night we picked the kiddos up from the Heinholds and went home.  We let Hayden stay up later with us and watch our wedding video and she was cracking us up.  She was teary eyed as she watched it and kept telling me how beautiful my dress was and how happy she was that we were a family.  It was really cute!

Happy anniversary Paul!  So glad I got to share this special day with you and I am so happy I get to share my life with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment