Sunday, June 22, 2014

Color Run

On May 31st I completed my first 5k race!  I don't know why I've been so afraid to do little races, but it makes me really nervous.  This was the perfect one to start with because it was so fun and half the people walked most of it!  

I went with my friends Amy Marsh, Sara McLeod, Anne Johnson and Marsha Hunter.  It was located out by the Braves stadium so finding parking in a "good" part of town and then finding somewhere to eat dinner before the race was a bit tricky.  But we did manage to find a decent barbecue restaurant.  We ate way too close to the run time though! The race started at 9 pm, so after Sara and I pumped :)  we headed over...


  Still all clean

Right before the 3 of us started running



After all the fun

 I really got a rush from all the excitement and the run went by so fast!  This will definitely not be my last 5k.  We then headed out for dessert and didn't get home until about 1 am and I still had to shower and get ready for bed.  It was a late night, but so fun to be out with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment