Saturday, June 26, 2010

Oreo Cake Pops




Today I got to help throw a shower for my good friend Holli Cahoon. They live on base by us and we go to church together. She has 2 little boys and she is now getting her girl! Anyway, I had a lot of fun planning this shower and decided to try something new. I made Oreo Cake Pops. It was kind of a long process, but they turned out really cute and it was fun to try. I used my food processor to grind a whole pack of Oreos and then mixed that with a package of cream cheese. Then you roll them into balls and freeze them. I then stuck a stick in them, froze them again, and then dipped them in chocolate. Definitely not healthy, but everyone needs to splurge every now and then, right?

6 comments:

  1. Kristine...they sound delicious! I think my old roommate Meghan used to make those...they were yummy! It sounds like the shower was great! What a nice friend you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so yummy! I think we had them at your baby shower. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine,
    They turned out great! I'm going to try them soon. The baby shower went really well, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like they turned out fabulous! I love the pink frosting and the sticks, you are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember Kristine there is no such thing as bad foods it is all about what your body needs in the moment and honoring it

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had cake pops at my sister's wedding and they were SO good. My cousin used red velvet, chocolate and yellow cakes instead of oreos. They were amazing. I'd love to try oreos sometime. Sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete