Sunday, June 20, 2010

Red Box

Paul and I recently canceled our netflix subscription and wanted to rent a movie. So we decided to go to the Red Box located at the gas station on base. For all you Red Box connoisseurs this may sound completely crazy, but it was my first try. So I pick out the movie I want with ease, and then it comes to making my payment. I get out my credit card and look for a place to slide it through. Rather than use the obvious choice, I stick my card where movies are given and returned. The machine ripped my card out of my hands and sucked it into it's belly!!! Truly awful experience. After several attempts to get it out and the help of two nice women, I finally was able to retrieve my card. I felt so silly each time someone came by to ask what was wrong. I had to explain that I put my credit card in the movie slot! Anyway, now I know exactly how to use the mysterious Red Box.

6 comments:

  1. LOL...Ok I don't mean to laugh, but this is so something I would do!!! I would always make my hubby get them so I didn't have to figure it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Kristine...that is truly a sad story! I once was trying to make copies from my digital camera at Walmart...and was trying to stick the little card into the machine to read the pictures...but it wouldn't fit! I got the Walmart lady to help me...and she explained to me that I was sticking the battery in...not the part that holds the pictures! I felt completely stupid! At least now I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's HILARIOUS!!! We really like using the red box - it is the way to go. We just think they should have a rental and return separately - it's annoying when you want to quickly return a movie and you are waiting for people to pick their movie out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol Kristine, I could TOTALLY hear you telling that story. So so funny. If you want to make your redbox experience even easier, you can rent your movie online and then you just swipe your credit card and out pops your movie.

    Thanks for the laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me laugh so hard I cried. Thanks.

    Also- Ben says to tell you guys that St Louis has at least as many as 241 Red Boxes. :) Random stat, but hey that's why we keep him around.

    ReplyDelete