Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Homeowners

Such a daunting term that now describes Paul and I!  We officially closed on our house today at noon and literally signed paper after paper for one hour.  The title company we went through said that due to using a VA loan and because our seller was very picky we had more paperwork than most home loans.  We were suppose to close on our home yesterday and after waiting for over an hour in the office (after waking Hayden up early from her nap) the seller and his lawyer were unable to send the paperwork. 

Is it terrible that I did not understand most of what I signed?  I hope Paul knows what is going on because I was just trying to sign and keep Hayden entertained.  It is an exciting, yet scary thing to be a homeowner.  I am so excited to make it ours in the years to come, but worried about repairs and things going wrong.  Oh well, can't turn back now! 

We will drive the 9 hours from Indianapolis to Atlanta on January 12th and have our belongings moved in on the 13th.  Life feels like it has been on hold the past 4 months and now it is finally starting up again....

5 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! I was in the exact same situation when we signed on our house. Sign, entertain Quinn, sign, entertain Quinn.... And I had no idea what I was signing. They would explain stuff and I would just nod and sign. I still have no idea...... But I sure like having our own house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! That's a great Christmas present! I want to see pictures of the new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have to move in on your birthday. In one way that is a cool birthday present, but moving in is tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is beautiful and I can't wait to visit you! The whole process can be overwhelming, and you sure feel like you sign your life away!

    ReplyDelete