Monday, March 21, 2011

New Worries

Last night I was thinking about what I used to worry me...

homework, tests, swim meets, friends, my thesis, doing therapy...Now most of my worries are Hayden: is she eating enough good foods, learning to play well with others, handling temper tantrums, going to nursery successfully (bad nursery day yesterday).

My how my worries have changed.  I know worrying doesn't do much to change anything, but I just want Hayden to be a happy, healthy, well adjusted kid!

She is over 18 months old today and went to her check-up.  I really like the pediatric group we are with.  Both doctors we have seen have been so friendly and warm towards Hayden.  They did an assessment of her development and autism.  She did great and for now there are no concerns. She also got 2 shots today which definitely made her sad.

The only thing I didn't like is they didn't give a paper with her stats so here's what I remember:

Weight about 24 lbs 50th percentile
Height about 32 inches (same as last time) 50th percentile
Head 19 inches (which converted into 48.26 cm)

So her major growth spurt happened last appointment and now she seems to be leveling out.

Just in the past 2 days she has started repeating my words so much more.  Here are a list of the words I have heard her say: mama, dada, papa, up, thank you, "chee" for cheek, eye, no, push it, bye-bye, hi, go, baby, hot, ouch, "ah oh"...I'm sure I'm missing a few but that's most of them.  I'm so excited to figure out what's going on in that little head of hers!

She is also really into doing the hand actions to the following songs: Patty-Cake, Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Old House in the Middle of the Woods.  If you stop singing the song, she will do the next hand action to help you out!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you like your new pediatrician(s)! That is so important. Each stage of development is so much fun... and trying. Just when I think I have things 'figured out' they change! Definitely keeps life interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Kristine, I hate to tell you, but those worries about your children NEVER ends. They are all worth it though. Thanks for all of the updates, I just love that little sweetheart. Give her a love from me.

    ReplyDelete