Monday, October 6, 2014

2nd Stop Salt Lake

Michelle and I made it to Salt Lake around 5pm and we were shocked to get out of the car and feel how HOT it was!  Owen and Hayden were greeted by Grandma and Grandpa Robinson and my brothers, Sean and Ian.  They definitely got spoiled while we were there with nerf guns, and they each got their own special toy.  Hayden got Maleficent the Barbie Doll and recently took her to show and tell at preschool.

We drove to Utah on the 23rd so that we could celebrate the 24th in Utah.  In usual fashion, my Dad bought a huge pack of fireworks and we had quite the display on the driveway.  Owen loved doing the sparklers, while Hayden was VERY cautious with them.  We all loved watching the fireworks together.  Owen even sat on my lap for quite awhile which made me feel extra special.  Earlier that day we got lunch to go and let the kids play at Southwood Park while we had a belated birthday lunch for Shannon.  It was fun to visit and catch up with Shannon.





 We packed so many fun activities into the week we visited, I think we hit just about every fun kid attraction in the Salt Lake Area!  We made a trip to the new Aquarium, and despite being spoiled by the Georgia Aquarium we had a great time.  Hayden enjoyed climbing across a rope bridge in the tropical area.  


Just like in my childhood, we went to lunch at Chuck-A-Rama on Saturday.  I can't eat there without thinking fondly about my Grandma Robinson.  Later that afternoon we went swimming at the Murray Pool.  Hayden and Owen loved the water slide which Michelle and I got to accompany them on over and over again!  

After church on Sunday we braved the triple digit temperatures to go to Wheeler Farm.  I was smart and left Reid with my mom and dad.  It was seriously the hottest I have been in a long time and I live in Atlanta!  Shannon and Marcus met us there and we fed the ducks and visited the animals.  



On Monday we were smart and got out of the heat by going to the Children's Museum at Gateway.  Hayden loved the grocery area and spent a substantial amount of time in the deli making sandwiches for her customers!


My mom was pretty awesome and got Reid to take a short nap and was so good to play with Hayden and build ginger bread houses!



Shannon getting to know Reid...


Uncle Ian and Sean spent countless hours jumping on the trampoline with Hayden and Owen.  Both kids loved watching them do tricks and then the kids would show the boys their fancy tricks.  The spent every night jumping and even jumped with the sprinklers on one day.




We also visited one of my new favorite places in Salt Lake, the Tracey Aviary.  It has totally transformed since my childhood and is such a beautiful place!  We didn't stay too long because it started to rain but it was fun to go.



On Wednesday I picked up Paul from the airport and it was so wonderful to be reunited after about 2 weeks.  Paul and I don't do well apart.  He can't sleep without us home and we just miss each other!  

Thursday we went to the Hogle Zoo which is another one of my favorite places to go.  It always reminds me of the fun trips we took there with my Grandma and Grandpa Cowan each year.  I had to get a picture with Hayden in front of this drinking fountain.  I LOVED drinking out of it for years!




My favorite part of the zoo this year was the bird show.  It was so good!  We had all kinds of birds swooping over our heads.  Hayden still talks about the giant owls that flew over us.  Grandma donated some money to the bird show so Hayden got to have her picture taken with a bald eagle.


This was another favorite for both Paul and I.  We had to show Hayden this part of the zoo!


We also rode the train and the carousel 


On Friday my mom drove back to Colorado Springs with Michelle and our family headed on to stage 2 of our trip.  This was one of my favorite trips home.  We did lots of fun activities and spent a lot of quality time with each family member.  My mom and dad did a great job of making it a special week.

No comments:

Post a Comment