Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Hayden Turns 5!!!

We had such grand plans for Hayden's 5th birthday!  The night before I was trying to frost her cake and started to feel a little off, then about an hour later I developed a fever which peaked at 103 degrees and stayed there for quite some time.  I got mastitis :(  Paul called the on call doctor around 3 am and she called in a prescription for antibiotics.  The next morning I has still pretty sick throughout the day, threw up a couple of times and could not get the fever to go down.  Then Paul came in the room to inform me that our water main outside had a leak and our water was off and plumbers were coming to take a look at it.  It was quite the day!

Hayden was very disappointed that I was ruining her birthday.  She did not understand that it was out of my control.  But after some talks with dad she finally came around.  We had planned on taking her best friend along with us to get pedicures.  There was no way I could do it, so Paul took her out to lunch and then that night our friends the Heinholds came over for cake and ice cream.

The big highlight of her birthday this year was that she got an American Girl Doll!  She has wanted one for awhile now, but I thought she was too young.  Anyway, because I was out of it, there are no pictures with her doll!  And her cake was a pinterest fail!  I had several people text or ask me what her cake was after I posted pictures on facebook.  Oh well, Hayden knew what it was and loved it.  I blame it on the fever!


We also made these out of marshmallows and tootsie rolls, Hayden loved them!


Paul stepped up and not only worked, dealt with the water problem, but also made her her special birthday breakfast.  She requested German Pancakes.


Opening presents



Celebrating with the Heinholds






We finally did get around to the pedicure a week later! Hayden picked blue nail polish which has definitely been her favorite color lately.





No comments:

Post a Comment