Friday, July 16, 2010

10 Months


Today Hayden turned 10 months old. She continues to change so much and here are some of the things she is up to. Every time we give her a bath we put some toys in. She has letters and numbers and right when she gets in the bath tub she goes straight for the letter "L." There are other letters this color, so it must be the shape she likes!


This is a pretty good picture of her first little bruise. She has become quite the headbanger. She will growl and rock out all the time and happened to hit her head on our friends coffee table. I was reading that lots of kids go through the headbanging phase but more commonly boys. The author said to be neutral about it and it will go away. But seriously? I can't help but laugh...




She is also starting to make messes. This is what I found this morning. She was laughing hysterically while I was dusting in our bedroom so I decided I better see what was so funny. I got so used to her being so immobile, but not anymore! She is real fascinated with the toilet lately. She likes to watch when I flush it and sadly stuck her hand in it. I better keep the lids down.

Hayden also recently discovered how neat her tongue is and loves curling it around and making funny shapes out of it. She also let go and stood by herself today. And lastly, instead of being excited about the vacuum she is now terrified of it. Literally one day I turned it on and she was screaming, my book says that is normal too. I was always motivated to vacuum because I knew she loved it, so now I'll have to find a new motivation. Hayden is also quite the cuddler. She will put her head against my chest when she meets someone new and is being shy or when she is getting tired. It's one of the best parts of my day.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful update on Hayden. She is sooo cute...I love the pictures! Bummer about the vacuuming. :( And I love it when Cole rests his head on me too...it doesn't happen often...but it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! It's fun to have them mobile, but now you have to make sure everything is up high that is the frustrating part :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. McKay has seriously gone from Love to hate to love to hate etc with the vacuum. Now at almost 3 he doesn't love it but he wants to use it so it makes things interesting.

    That is cute she likes the letter L! She'll be learning her letters fast! She is such a cutie, hopefully she doesn't get too injured with her headbanging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those BEAUTIFUL blue eyes! Kristine, she is such a doll! I love reading about what she is doing so I know what to plan on with Maddy in the next couple months. You are such a cute mom and I love your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girl is adorable. It's crazy but Abbey did the exact same thing with the vacuum. She loved it and then hated it just like Hayden. She also loves her tongue. It cracks me up with what she can do with it. It's unfortunate that Hayden missed the fireworks. Well, it's a good excuse to come to Utah for the 24th of July.

    ReplyDelete