Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Day

The last few years and noticed I was "sick" all the time. I counted 11 sinus infections in 2008! I finally figured out that I wasn't getting sick, I have terrible allergies which lead to the development of a lot of sinus infections. So I went to the allergy doctor in February 2009 and got pocked in the back 72 times I believe. From this I found out I was highly allergic to trees, grass, weeds, mold, corn pollen, and cats! Because I was pregnant I couldn't start any allergy injections, so I waited until November 2009 when I began the injections. They start out by giving you small doses of what you are allergic to in order to help make you immune. Anyway, I started out going twice weekly and got 1 shot in each arm (that's 4 shots a week!). This lasted for about 3-4 months, then I went to 1 shot in each arm once weekly which was great! Well I have finally worked up to the therapeutic dose today and now only go in twice monthly!!!! So it's been a good day. It has been a long road, but I feel so much better and have not gotten those pesky sinus infections. Hayden loves all the nurses at the clinic as they have loved watching her grow up the past year. I'm sure they will both miss not seeing each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment