Monday, January 10, 2011

2 Days Left

I am standing in my kitchen, packing again!  This feels all to familiar.  Since I left home at age 18 I feel like I have been packing and unpacking consitently.  The words of Dido fit perfectly for me, "I never really ever found a place that I called home, I never stuck around quite long enough to make it..." While Atlanta holds no familiarity for us it is finally going to be our home for awhile.  It is crazy to me that each time I move, I get so sentimental about the things I will miss when I leave...story time at the library with the friendly librarian, my two friends here Rachel and Liz, Paul coming home for lunch and living 10 minutes from work, the Children's Museum, feeling little responsibility besides rearing Hayden, having such a small easy space to clean...

Change is always hard for me, but at least this time I am mostly just excited.  We leave Wednesday morning (hopefully, apparently Atlanta just got 4-5 inches of snow!!!) and we will drive the 9 hours to get to our house that evening.  The movers are then scheduled to arrive Thursday to deliver our items out of storage.  The adventure begins!

5 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you, Kristine. You are such a supportive wife and always look for the good and positive in your moves. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move! I'm glad you are going to a place where you can settle down and finally call home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas reminds me of ours - going from house to house, family to family, but loving all the craziness of it! Looks like a wonderful time. Good luck on the move - be safe and I'm going to try to get back to ATL sometime soon to see friends. Hopefully, I can make that happen - will let you know!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can identify with your permanent on-the-move feelings...so exhausting! Good luck and amazing that it might be the last for awhile! I can't wait to visit and meet Hayden...my southern belle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the video. Where did you get her skinny jeans? Too cute. I hope you made it safely to Georgia. How exciting. I'm excited to see how you decorate. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete