Monday, September 19, 2011

"Happy Birthday To Me"

Isn't this the perfect shirt for a 2 year olds birthday?  Hayden seems to think everything is all about her these days!  I started September 16th off by singing happy birthday to her when I went in her room and she was so happy to start the day off in song.  I then dressed her in her b-day outfit and crown.


We went down stairs and she found this:

Hayden loves balloons so much, and I am mean and never buy them for her, so I figure I at least need to get them every year on her birthday.


Hayden had so much fun playing with her balloons all morning, it was hard to take a pictures because she was all over the place!

 Aunt Michelle sent Hayden some Hello Kitty stickers which also kept her occupied.

At 10 am we went to Champion Kids which is a gymnastics center that has open play times.  We invited some kids from church to help celebrate Hayden's birthday and they all had so much fun.
 Hayden loves to "hang" from anything, so this was way awesome to her.

 Maddy and Hayden had so much fun in this little house.  Hopefully someday Hayden will smile big for the camera like Maddy!

 All the kids eating lunch


opening presents


 Cupcake time!  I tried out a new butter cream frosting and it was yummy or as Hayden would say, "mummy."  I took off her cupcake wrapper and the next thing I knew, Hayden had eaten most of it!  Seriously, she won't eat most vegetables, but she'll eat a cupcake wrapper?

Hayden and Mason.  This may be on of Hayden's future boyfriends.  He loves being around Hayden and feeling her arms.  It is pretty funny.

That night when Paul got home we opened presents from mom and dad, Grandma Anne and Papa Steve and the Eastmans.  She was a bit overwhelmed and would start to open something and then look at the others and then back at us like, "What is going on?  Where did all these come from?"

 Hayden loves her new purse and likes to put it over her shoulder and say, "let's go"

 Hayden & Mom

 Her Graco car seat for her baby.  She is such a good mommy to her baby (most of the time)

 Dyson Vacuum from Grandma Anne and Papa Steve.  I love that she's got her baby on her hip and vacuuming at the same time.  Also we got her a broom because she loves to sweep and at one point she was vacuuming and sweeping at the same time!


I made her favorite dinner:  Hawaiian Haystacks and then we were ready for more cupcakes.  Hayden was a little worried about the candle though. 

 She didn't want to pick up the cupcake and instead licked/ate it like this.
 Finally got a smile :)

First experience with a ring pop, it is "so pretty."  

After dinner we skyped with my mom and dad and let Hayden open her presents from them.  She got a diaper bag with bottles and feeding supplies and a stroller among other things.  She loves being a mom to her baby!  We also skyped with my sisters Shannon and Michelle. Because we were skyping I failed to get pictures of her playing with these presents, sorry!!!

Here are a few videos of the special day:


Whenever Hayden answers how old she is she whispers it!




Can't believe my baby is 2 years old.  Paul and I felt that we should celebrate having made it 2 years.  What a roller coaster ride it has been.  But we are so grateful for our little Hayden. 

4 comments:

  1. How fun to watch the videos, I loved watching her work so hard to open that present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! It was so funny watching her vacuum. Hopefully she will still like it when she gets older :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grocery store we go to gives each boy a balloon every time we go so they have been spoiled with balloons!

    Happy Birthday Hayden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I missed all these birthday photos and videos! How cute is she?! I love how she whispers how old she is...and she really went at it ripping all the wrapping paper off her present! What determination! :)

    ReplyDelete