Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ole Miss vs BYU

Paul's oldest brother Russ lives in Oxford, Mississippi which is about 5 hours from Atlanta.  He invited us out for the Ole Miss vs BYU game.  Paul of course couldn't pass that up, and I was excited to see Russ, Heidi, and all my cute nephews.  We got in late Friday night and Saturday got our day going by going to The Grove for the tailgate party.  This is Paul and I's second time to an SEC football game and it is always shocking to me how people dress for football games out here.  All the women are in sun dresses and high heels and the men come dressed in collared, button-up shirts, khakis, etc. I feel so under dressed in my shorts and t-shirt!!!  Most of the tents had chandeliers in the center with fancy platters serving the food.  It is just unreal to me how proper they are in the south.

How hard is it to get your child to eat good food when they are surrounded by tastier, yet less nutritious food?  

 I'm pretty sure Hayden ate crap all day long, but oh how she LOVED it!

 Cooper & Hayden

 Dad & Hayden


 My sister-in-law Heidi & Quincy above and Paul & Hayden below at the pep rally.  Hayden loved hearing the band play and clapping for the players.


Paul was really worried about missing the kick off, so Heidi and Russ took the kids home and Paul and I went to the game.  There really is a neat energy when you walk into a football stadium and see this!  The blue section to the right is the BYU fans section.  Needless to say we were surrounded by Ole Miss fans.  So Paul made me be quiet when BYU did well!  It was hot during the tailgate but once the game started it was really perfect weather.





The game started out kind of slow, but it got really exciting in the second half.  As you can see, BYU came out on top!  I was pretty excited, that's my Alma mater.  Paul got embarrassed as I cheered them on to victory and was pretty sure he was going to get beat up as we left the stadium.  

We stayed with the Pratts through Monday and left Tuesday morning.  Hayden had so much fun playing with her cousins and warmed right up to Russ and Heidi.  All Heidi had to do was look at Hayden and she would start laughing hysterically.  Hayden loved sitting next to Russ and taking it easy.  

On Monday we went to a jump house and also to the mall.  Here is a cute picture from Paul's phone of the cousins holding hands.

Quincy, Hayden & Garrett

 This is Jett and he will eat ANYTHING you put on his tray.  Such a mellow, cute little guy!

Hayden, Quincy & Jett trying on Halloween costumes.  They had so much fun!

On our drive home on Tuesday we found some awesome outlets and had way to much fun shopping.  We got such great deals, how can you not love a good sale?

5 comments:

  1. Jonathan's oozing with envy. He would have loved to be at that game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, how fun! didn't know you guys went to the game. looks like a great trip and I'm sure Hayden loved being with her cousins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister lives in Tennessee and went to the game too. I think they were in the BYU section though... :)

    Lucky you to get to go to a game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad y'all are close to family and can do weekends like that! Hayden's hair is really growing!

    ReplyDelete