Monday, September 26, 2011

Wicked

Saturday Paul and I had tickets to Wicked and the Mendenhalls were kind enough to watch Hayden for us all day.  We have wanted to see this play for a long time, so we geared up all week by listening to the soundtrack. 

The play was at the Fox Theater which was an awesome building and first opened to the public in 1929 as a movie theater.  


This picture is in the foyer, wish I had a camera that did it justice, just beautiful.


Great music, great story, I just loved everything about it.  I also love how everyone in the south is good about dressing up for events like this.  I just think it's a nice way to show respect for the arts.  Afterwords we went to the Vortex in midtown which is a famous hamburger restaurant in Atlanta.  It was delicious.  We had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed being together as a couple.  Hayden didn't miss us at all and had so much fun with the Mendenhall's 4 children.  

3 comments:

  1. What a fun date! Glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice date you two had - a very special evening! Glad Hayden had some great people to hang out with too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I have heard that is is a wonderful musical! You guys look great all dressed up...and I'm glad Hayden had fun at the babysitters! :)

    ReplyDelete