Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas!

This was our first Christmas with no family at all.  Once in Cheyenne we couldn't go home because Paul had an alert the day after Christmas, but my sister Michelle and her husband came out that day from Colorado Springs.  So it was different, but also special. 

I grew up with my Grandma Cowan giving us the "12 days of Christmas" and so my mom did her version of it this year for Hayden.  She got her a makeup bag and brushes that look a lot like moms.  Hopefully this keeps Hayden from stealing mine!  The last day she opened up these jammies and refused to wear anything else but these.  We ran all of our errands in jammies on Christmas Eve!


Christmas Eve we I made my Grandma Cowan's fancy rolls, which were delicious!  We got a Honey Baked Ham and ate soup as well.  It was delicious and fun to use my Christmas plates.  After dinner we opened up jammies from Grandma Anne, read the Christmas story and went on a drive to see the lights.  Then we waited for Santa!


Hayden loves jammies because she wanted these on immediately too!





We also left cookies out for Santa...


 Paul and I decided to peak and see what Santa brought Hayden before heading to bed.

Hayden went on a nap strike for 3 full days before Christmas and hit a wall Christmas night!  We woke her up at 8:30 am to get going and as you can see she was still a little tired.  But she quickly got over that and started exploring her stocking!




 Hayden was so excited about all her presents that she simply had to hold ALL of them.  It became really difficult to open new presents because she didn't want to let go of any that she already had opened!

 After church Christmas morning

 Hayden shocked at her new microphone from Grandma Kathy

 Hayden watching one of her new movies and comforting her new baby doll from Grandma Anne.  That night after Hayden's nap we went to spend Christmas evening with our friends the Barnes and their extended family.  The dinner was amazing and it was nice to be around a big loving family.  I made a carrot souffle, sweet potato cheesecake, and brought drinks.

We got a barbecue from the Pratts this year and Paul has been so excited to use it!

It was a great Christmas and it has been so nice to have Paul home for over a week! 

2 comments:

  1. So fun to see all your pictures! I love that Hayden wanted to hold all her presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got the dress!!! And you look awesome!

    I see Paul's basketball and it reminded me- Did you like your running gear from the 3am Black Friday run of Ben and Paul's? I like most of it ... Hope I can take a few things back still.

    ReplyDelete