Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pink Eye Part II

Formal name: Conjunctivitis.  Progressively got worse last night and was so painful that it was difficult to sleep.  Continually wiping away the goopy stuff all night long.  Go to urgent care and pay a wonderful $130, but don't worry my health savings card would not work.  Clinic would not see me until they were paid, called HSA and there was a freeze on my card because someone entered the wrong pin 3 times over the course of the year.  Wait for 30 minutes for HSA to unfreeze account and proceed to doctors office.  Dr stated I should have come 2 days ago and it's the worst case she has seen in quite awhile.  She said I must have a high tolerance for pain and discomfort...Offers a steroid shot that will immediately take down swelling and pain but upon learning other important factors about my health, suggests I don't get this.  Gives me the strongest prescription of antibiotic and a coupon since it is a $200 prescription.  Get to the pharmacy, wait 20 minutes, go to pay and pharmacist asks if I am still allergic to Levequin.  I answer "yes" and he states that the medication just prescribed is in the same family and calls the Dr. back to revise prescription.  Wait another 20 min, pay and drive home.  Hopefully the antibiotics work soon and no one else in my family gets bacterial conjunctivitis!

3 comments:

  1. yikes! sounds terrible. Drew got pink eye last year and it looked like someone punched him like you said but it never progressed past that. Hope it heals quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristine, I am so sorry! I hope this one works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Kristine! Your stories are just outright sad, and you continue to be a victim to the strangest things. I am glad it has healed!

    ReplyDelete