Monday, December 5, 2011

The Stockings Were Hung

It took me awhile this year to get the ball rolling on the Christmas Season.  But as of Sunday, all our decorations are up, Christmas plates out, most of our Christmas cards are sent and our Tree is lit up :)  Aside from believing I am most likely allergic to Christmas Trees, ours is beautiful and Hayden is in love with it. Tonight she said, "night night tree, I love you..."  It is pretty special this year to pull out our decorations because last year they were all in storage.  It was so fun to open up the boxes and see everything that has been hidden away for 2 years. 

Here are a few pictures of our decorations:

That Christmas Tree on the wall holds Christmas Cards, my best after Christmas find ever!

This was my Christmas & Birthday present from my mom a few years ago.  LOVE it!

I actually made this in Relief Society a few years ago and finally got it framed this year.  Don't worry, I took my work with me to the store to find a frame and left it at Michaels!  


As you can see, I really need some more stuff up here! 


Anyway, that is most of it.  We have a total of 9 nativity scenes in our house which is pretty awesome and a good daily reminder of what the holiday is all about.

Sunday I decided to put Hayden in her Christmas dress and she LOVED it (I got it after Christmas last year for $5).  She refused to take it off all day and for anyone who knows Hayden knows she always prefers her birthday suit to any outfit.  I even put her in a hand-me-down pair of shoes that were a bit to big, but again she loved them.  They sound like tap shoes as she walks across our hardwood and she was just tickled at the noise they made.  



My least favorite part of putting up the tree, thank goodness Paul is a bit obsessed with this task!

 Hayden decided she needed a blue hair bow for awhile and then I tricked her back into red :)  She loved holding all of the ornaments.  The leg lamp from "The Christmas Story" and a bell were her favorites to hold.



 Hayden also carried around the star for most of the day and was excited to put it on top of the tree.


I couldn't get a picture without the lights going crazy!

Here was my attempt to film putting the star on top of the tree:


2 comments:

  1. your house looks beautiful! I am the one with all my Christmas stuff in storage this year - I'll be so thankful to pull it out next year! We did get word that David's job will become permanent in the spring so we are very excited and relieved about that. Looks like we will be looking for a house here after the New Year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Christmas decorations! Hayden looks very cute in her Christmas dress!

    ReplyDelete