Monday, June 24, 2013

Brave Girl!

Hayden was assigned to give a prayer in junior primary.  She has given the opening prayer and a talk this past year so she knew what to do this time.  They asked that a parent come at 11 am to help her with the closing prayer and both Paul and I spaced it!  The moment I saw her after church I realized I had forgotten and went to the leaders in primary to apologize.  They were so excited to tell me about Hayden.  She just got right up and said the prayer all by herself!  She blessed a new boy in her class, her mom and dad, and grandmas and grandpas and then started to bless everyone else in primary that she knows!  The Primary President helped her wrap things up and she was done.  I can't believe she got up and did it on her own.  I would have been crying for my mom at that age and she just got up and did it.

Then in her primary class she told them all a very intricate story tying in the Noah's Ark lesson but adding mermaids and crocodiles to the mix.  Her teacher has shocked at how well she told a story.

I'm so glad Hayden is turning into an outgoing, social little girl.  I was always more shy and it just makes life harder!  Just another way in which she takes after her Dad!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Hayden. Kristine, beware, if she is like Paul, she will volunteer for the talk every time it's her classes turn to participate. Love you guys and your blogs.

    ReplyDelete