Monday, January 31, 2011

Saturday Fun

Saturday was a beautiful day here in Atlanta so Paul and I headed outside to tackle some more of our front yard.  Hayden loves being outside and had a blast playing with sticks and her shadow.  While cleaning, our next door neighbors came out and we got to know them a lot better. They seem like a great couple and have 3 sons, but only one that is still at home.  I already forgot her name (really need to work on this!) but the woman speaks Spanish and when she found out Paul also speaks Spanish she was soooo excited and spoke to him for about an hour in Spanish.  She told her husband, "I finally have someone to speak to!" 

During our conversation they said how impressed they were that we had already found a church to go to (they had seen us dressed up the past two Sundays leaving for church).  I have no problem sharing that I am LDS, but sometimes I really want people to get to know us before that comes out and before judgments are made.  Anyway, we finally said that we are LDS (which they didn't know what that meant until we said, "mormon") and that our church is assigned by where you live.  We explained that all of our churches teach the same thing wherever you go.  They kept talking to us for a bit longer, so hopefully they still like us! 

At the end of our clean up, the trucks entire bead was filled with pine needles and 18 bags!  Still more to go, but at least we have started the process...


3 comments:

  1. Good grief that is alot of pine needles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man Michelle took the words right out of my mouth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you have noticed, but when we are in Auburn and Oxford, the nursery's sell bags of pine needles. They put them around the base of the trees, I guess for mulch and to hold in the moisture. Just an Idea!!! I love you guys, good work.

    ReplyDelete